When you’re choosing Colonia apartments, you are going to want to find some that meet your needs and allow you to live with some extra peace of mind. One of the worst things that can happen is signing a lease for Colonia apartments only to realize that the living conditions are poor or the landlord is an absolute nightmare. Here are some indicators that the Colonia apartments you’re considering should be avoided.
Signs of Bad Colonia Apartments
- The areas outside the actual apartment aren’t up to par. Even if the Colonia apartments you tour look immaculate, be wary if the rest of the building seems surprisingly run down in comparison. What about the landscaping outside, the lounge or the laundry room? These are things that good landlords keep on top of because they contribute to the quality of life in the building. Don’t be drawn in by the bait of a showy apartment only to realize that the building itself isn’t maintained or protected from danger
- Poor maintenance. Even little problems could be an indication that the landlord isn’t invested in making his or her Colonia apartments the best they can be. Little cracks in the ceiling, a dirty oven, or signs of an infestation are things you should take very seriously as they are indicators of how your landlord will treat any other, larger problems that come about while you live there.
- You’re having trouble getting in touch with landlord. Taking your money is the easy part. If your landlord isn’t returning your calls in a timely manner or isn’t doing what he says he will, that is what they’ll likely continue to do for the duration of your tenancy.
- Dodging your questions. When you ask about repairs that will be made or ask questions about the lease, does he avoid making specific statements or just give you a general answer? Your landlord should want you to be happy and be receptive to your concerns (within reason). He should respond to problems with a plan and a timeline to get it resolved. If he won’t give you a straight answer, the actual answer will probably never be what you want to hear.
- Something is funny about the lease. Do you see any strange clauses that seem out of the ordinary? Are there any unusual charges tacked onto your rent? Investigate before you sign. Bad landlords have been known to make up all sorts of extras, sometimes even trying to pass on building insurance costs, taxes and all sorts of other fees to tenants, on top of their rent.
Looking for Great Colonia Apartments
Barron’s Gate 2 bedroom apartments are centrally located in Middlesex County, Woodbridge, New Jersey. They are situated perfectly for commuting or traveling within the metropolitan area. They are located near ideal shopping, dining and nightlife and walking distance to NJ Transit. At Barron’s Gate, you’ll have the best of Manhattan, Newark, Princeton and the Jersey Shore right at your doorstep. Great 2 bedroom apartments, a gorgeous swimming pool and the amenities you deserve. Whether you commute to Woodbridge, Jersey City, Somerset, Colonia, Perth Amboy, or any surrounding area, these awesome 2 Bedroom apartments are a short trip away!
For more on Barron’s Gate and their 2 bedroom apartment floorplans and pricing, you can call them today at (908) 565-4033 or visit the website.