When you’re looking for 2 bedroom apartments for rent in Middlesex County, some of the first things you compare are the cost of rent, the amount of parking spaces available and the general area or neighborhood. Is the complex well-lit? How far away is it from the grocery store? Where can overnight guests park? After finding out the basics and coming across 2 bedroom apartments for rent in Middlesex County you like,it’s time to compare renters insurance premiums online, making sure you get a decent deal.
One thing many renters fail to do afterwards is evaluate the landlord, which is extremely important. If you’re new to renting, catching bad landlord red flags isn’t easy to do. For the new or experienced renter, here are five red flags to watch out for before signing a lease for 2 bedroom apartments for rent in Middlesex County.
Landlord Red Flags When Hunitng for 2 Bedroom Apartments for Rent in Middlesex County
- During your meeting to discuss the lease, the landlord gives very generalized answers to questions about maintenance, plumbing or infestations. If the landlord does not answer your questions about how management works to rectify a bed bug problem or clogged pipes, this means that they do not readily take care of the facility or the needs of the tenant. The landlord of the complex is required to adhere to certain laws about maintaining a safe, comfortable and clean environment for tenants. If the landlord won’t answer your questions, look elsewhere.
- When asked for contact information, the landlord does not willingly hand it over. The landlord must be on-call 24/7 to their tenants. If a tenant should experience a burst pipe or some other emergency, they need to be able to get ahold of the landlord to resolve the issue. If the landlord doesn’t offer contact information or weekend maintenance emergency services, get out of there.
- The lease as written reads very generalized. If when reading the lease, it seems the phrasing of a clause or two can be manipulated to mean something else, do not sign. Discuss the leasing terms with the landlord and have your agreements written word for word into the lease. By changing language and spinning phrases, the more backhanded landlords will try to raise the rent or fault you for damages to the space that were there before you arrived.
- The security deposit is unusually high. To put a hold on an apartment, most apartment complexes charge the prospective tenant a certain amount of money through a security deposit. The security deposit is like a form of insurance: if the tenant should cause damage to the space, money from the security deposit will be used to fix said damages. However, landlords are limited in the amount they are allowed to charge for a security deposit depending on state law. Check your state’s renting laws to make sure your landlord is not price gouging you. If they are, it’s not a landlord you want to have.
- The cost of rent for such a seemingly wonderful unit is too good to be true. If you’re thinking that the 2 bedroom apartments for rent in Middlesex County you’re checking out are a steal, the truth of the matter is the landlord is most likely really stealing from you. In return for cheap rent, the landlord may not cover repair costs or will upsell you on parking fees. Make sure that you are paying for what you’re getting.
Looking for 2 Bedroom Apartments for Rent in Middlesex County?
Barron’s Gate 2 bedroom apartments are centrally located in Middlesex County, Woodbridge, New Jersey. They are situated perfectly for commuting or traveling within the metropolitan area. They are located near ideal shopping, dining and nightlife and walking distance to NJ Transit. At Barron’s Gate, you’ll have the best of Manhattan, Newark, Princeton and the Jersey Shore right at your doorstep. Great 2 bedroom apartments, a gorgeous swimming pool and the amenities you deserve. Whether you commute to Woodbridge, Jersey City, Somerset, Colonia, Perth Amboy, or any surrounding area, these awesome 2 Bedroom apartments are a short trip away!
For more on Barron’s Gate and their 2 bedroom apartment floorplans and pricing, you can call them today at (908) 565-4033 or visit the website.